GYPSY vs. LEMON

June 29, 2013

I saw a funny video on YouTube showing various dogs fighting with a citrus fruit and so I thought I'd see how my dog Gypsy, the one that EATS EVERYTHING, would react to a lemon.




My Dog Gypsy


Gypsy didn't eat the lemon (even if she wanted to eat it I wouldn't let her - I'm sure it isn't good for dogs), she took one lick and what you see in the video was her reaction to it.
Epicure68 said...

That's hilarious! Funny how dogs will go after dogs that are 5 times their size and yet they retreat from a piece of citrus like it's Godzilla.

Michelle said...

LOL! Monica,

It is strange how they respond to the citrus fruits. I am curious what it is about those particular fruits that makes them bonkers.

Teresa Robeson said...

Well, I can't watch the videos yet (until I get to town) but I wonder if dogs have the taste receptor for sour, or, worse, have extra numbers of taste receptors for sour...and that's why they react that way. I wish our dog was still alive to test lemons on. ;)

Carrie Garvin said...

Ha! Ha! OMGosh your little Gypsy pup is more than adorable! Thank you for sharing!